Sunday, September 6, 2009

Parents Say the Darndest Things

(Email exchange with my 85-year-old father)

From: Me
To: My Dad

(Re: Euphemism Generator website)Dad, This is a useful website on those days when you can't find just the right euphemism for a given situation....

_______________________
From: My Dad
To: Me

Thanks. I read about 50 of them, and none seemed to fit what i might need at any foreseeable time. However, you might enjoy what i found last week when I tried to find a work written by Benjamin Britten. The work turns out to be named "Hymn to the Virgin". Some very young (I guess) lady posted a note on the site I found which read something like: "I was humping real hard yesterday and after I was done, I found some blood. Does this mean my hymn is broken?" She needs a spelling lesson. Dad

No comments: